Discover hundreds of new features!
At Dynamics Square, we are committed to bringing you the important updates that Microsoft makes every year for the Dynamics 365 and Power Platform applications. For this reason, below we summarize the new features that will be published between April and September 2022 in both environments.
What’s new in Microsoft Dynamics 365
Aside from what’s new announced for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central , in this first wave of 2022 releases, highlights of what’s new for Dynamics 365 apps include:
Dynamics 365 Sales
The role of the seller has changed in recent years: they now need digital, collaborative and productivity -enhancing work tools, while buyers expect a combination of digital and personalized experiences throughout the customer journey . The Microsoft app for sales will continue to focus on helping the sales force meet their objectives through intelligent tools that help them, before, during and after each interaction, so they can close more deals faster.
- Smart conversations that allow you to get the right information at the right time and place. (Capture interactions with customers, call transcription, content analysis, etc.).
- Digital sales tools that drive sales accelerations, smart conversations, and predictive ratings.
- Total control of the forecast and pipeline .
- Productivity and mobile collaboration (capture of contacts and recent calls, registration of information through the mobile camera, etc.).
- Building better customer relationships through predictive relational intelligence and LinkedIn data.
- Sales accelerator and process automation (advanced filters to prioritize work lists, notifications when the customer wants to interact with the seller, etc.).
Dynamics 365 Customer Service
This customer service tool will include new features that transform contact center routing and improve agent experiences through automation and knowledge management.
- New simpler, modern and intuitive customer service administration center application.
- Improved agent experience (improved email templates, new scheduling capabilities, and IoT in workspaces…).
- Improvements to the knowledge base, which helps agents find answers quickly , and to customer self-service portals.
- Seamless integrations between Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Teams
This solution for managing field service will introduce new capabilities focused on usability , enhance the new schedule board, and the general availability of the Field Service mobile Windows app .
Microsoft’s goal is for companies to be able to take advantage of all their customer data so that they can better connect with them and offer them better experiences at each point of contact. To do this, this first wave of 2022 will include improvements related to better use of data and AI to create marketing content adapted to the customer journey and new forms of collaboration to launch attractive campaigns .
- Personalization of interactions using a unified view of customer activity through Dynamics 365 Marketing
- Improvements in the selection of hyper-personalized content to increase the ROI of AI-optimized marketing
- Improvements in creating journeys to send reminders to customers and encourage them to respond to a call to action .
Dynamics 365 Customer Insights
The Dynamics 365 Customer Insights customer data platform enables businesses to consolidate, enrich, understand, and leverage their customer data to gain insights and take smart action. Some of the investments that Microsoft is making to improve the capabilities of this application are:
- Activity enhancements like additional semantic types and smart semantic mapping.
- New templates and standard metric libraries.
- Accelerate B2B sales and increase marketing ROI through intent data, account-based insights, and lead matching.
- Near real-time consent data harmonized from third-party consent management services, etc.
Consult the following guide to obtain more detailed information on each and every one of the applications that make up the Dynamics 365 suite:
What’s new in Microsoft Power Platform
The Microsoft Power Platform enables users and organizations to analyze, act on, and automate data to digitally transform their businesses. 2022 wave 1 release plan for Microsoft Power Platform includes new features to be introduced by Power BI, Power Apps, Power Apps Portals, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, and AI Builder, as well as features for governance and administration , ISV experiences, and data integration.
To drive data culture and enable businesses to make fact-based decisions, Power BI will continue to invest in making collaboration easier in OneDrive , improved integration with PowerPoint , and new experiences in Microsoft Teams .
Improvements to Power Automate (better known as Microsoft Flow) will be related to better integration in Windows 11 and Microsoft Teams , which will help automate tasks from anywhere, in addition, new features will be added to facilitate the management of machines in Azure.
This release will include enhancements that will continue to enable developers to build web and mobile apps through new collaboration capabilities that will help teams work and track changes more productively, quickly, and seamlessly.
Power Virtual Agents
Power Virtual Agents, Microsoft’s tool for building powerful custom bots without the need for code, will bring improvements to the authoring experience with feedback, integration with Power Apps Portals , data loss prevention options, and more.
Check here all the news that will be presented by the set of applications that make up the Microsoft Power Platform.
At Dynamics Square, we are sure that this new update process, in which hundreds of new features will be launched in Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Power Platform, will benefit all customers, providing an improvement in the performance and stability of all applications ; and most importantly, it will be another step towards digital transformation!